I love planning vacation to all different destinations and working with all types of people. Each family is unique and their travel experiences create memories that weave together like a beautiful tapestry.
I am often asked if planning a vacation to Disney is worth it? Question like will they remember it? Should we wait until they are older? Will there be enough rides that they can actually go on? Here are five great reasons to start traveling while they are toddlers:
- There will be so many memories. Would you ask, should we have presents at Christmas? They are so little they won’t remember it. No, of course not. You want pictures. You might take a video just to capture the joy you see on their faces. The same is with Disney. Our son walked for the first time on a Disney vacation. It is one of my clearest memories and one our family will treasure forever.
- Under 3 is free!! Visit when they are under 3 and the park admission is free; their hotel stay is free. What a great surprise it was when our children were under three and I first realized it was free. No way!!
- Are there rides they can go on? Absolutely, in fact there are eight rides that come to mind right away in Magic Kingdom itself and there are three other parks in Walt Disney World. You will find plenty to see and do. Here are the rides I can list Prince Charming Regal Carousel, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Barnstormer, Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s a small world, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.
- Retell your own story. You will love to tell the stories to your children over and over of the many memories you have of all your great adventures.
- There are only 18 summers. The time will pass quickly and in a blink they are grown.